Popular Travel Blogger Sam Freij shares Travel Photography Tips
“Each place we visit has its own particular look, character, and ambiance. If we want photographs of our travels to be good and lasting, they should capture all of these qualities, and say as much about a place as give the literal look of it.
“We are unlikely to long remember the smell and buzz of a flower garden in spring, the awe of gazing for the first time at the mountain we intend to climb, the caress of a tropical breeze, the thrill of a huge roller coaster, the wonder of our first wild bear, or the adrenaline of rafting white water. Our photographs need to bring these and other sensations back, to trigger our memories, and to communicate how we felt to others. To do this, we need to think and feel as much as look when setting out to make photographs.
“First and foremost, think about what made you decide, out of all the places in the world, to choose this particular destination. Whatever it is—the beach, the rides, the mountain, the galleries, the food—obviously appeals to you. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t be going there. That site or activity (or inactivity) is one of the things you want to photograph. But there are probably many other interesting aspects of the place you may not be aware of. That’s where research comes in.
1) Identify what camera suites your needs best, your phone or your GoPro or Insta360 whatever your preference maybe
2) Look into ND filters polarized filter to enhance the final image if you are shooting outdoors those filters can be a big Benefit blocking any glare giving your image a cinematic look
3) Practice steady hands, shoot three times and select best image
4) Have enough batteries or an extra battery if you are filming for over thirty minutes
5) Always keep a lens cleaner with you, clean your lens before filming that lovely sunrise or sunset seen
6) Stay in touch with new technology as we all know new cameras released several times a year now capable of 4K, 6k and 8k amazing high image definition
“And finally, remember to have fun and safe travels”, Sam Freij.
Company Name: KOSAWADA AGENCY
Contact Person: Jinan Fahes
Email: Send Email
Country: United States